SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Question - Need answers ASAP for walk-thru tomorrow.

beaglesdoitbetter1
12 years ago

We're having a walk-thru w/ our builder tomorrow. I have 2 key questions:

1) Those w/ a tapmaster- how hard is it to get it to stay on not just come on. I can tap it easily w/ my foot and it comes on but it is very hard for me to give it enough force w/ bare feet to get it to stay in the on-position. Wondering if this is normal or if maybe it wasn't installed right?

2) How perfect should a house be? We have a LOT of trim, and there are all kinds of little nicks in a ton of it, and some of the seams in the corners are visible. Now, I don't want to be the crazy lady running around pointing out every single nick and scratch and dent and ding and seam but some of them are bad. Do I only focus on the bad ones or should every seam be perfect and all areas of trim be nick-free? There's also areas where the baseboards aren't even, etc. Same thing for paint, there are areas where you can see brush strokes and some areas where he did not tape off perfectly and, as a result, where the wall color doesn't go all the way down to the trim. Do I point out ALL these places to the builder or how much is it reasonable to expect from them? (If it makes any difference in your answer, the trim upgrades in our house were not an insignificant cost and we also paid several thousand dollars extra to the painter because he had to paint all this trim).

Comments (19)