SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Who To Consult?

chisue
11 years ago

I've posted on the "Medical Health" forum, but that seems very slow.

I would like to talk with someone about the actual need of having further tests and surgeries. I'm tired of having 'parts' of me examined; 'something' found; surgery commanded.

I'm to have another colonoscopy in May -- to be sure that a 'carpet polyp' was indeed completely removed in November and to 'look again' at a 'bump' pushing into my colon opposite my appendix. The recommendation in November was to have surgery to 'look at' the bump -- means removing part of the colon wall -- AND to remove my appendix. The surgeon said I could wait until we returned from our planned stay on Maui. Now I have to make some decisions.

Without a colonoscopy in September I would not have known I had the 'carpet polyp' or the 'bump'. (I have never had a malignant polyp anywhere in my body.) I wonder if I might not have 'bumps' here and there and everywhere...and so what?

I have always had excellent insurance -- part of the reason I'm second guessing. I wonder if this isn't a case of everything looking like a nail if you are a hammer -- MD's so focused on their specialties.

Where could I go to get help weighing the pro's and con's?

Comments (9)