SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle0000

Outdoor Rugs for Screened Porch Suggestions

13 years ago

My screened porch is fabulous, but the floor is just wrong. Concrete floor has been rough-patched...patch color doesn't match, and not smoothed. Just unattractive.

Also, the floor gets very dirty. Dirt blows in and sweeping is weekly at minimum. Fine. The dirt issue is what it is, and so be it.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what type of rug can withstand some regular dirt beating and/or hosing off from a clothesline every couple weeks during the season...and be able to hold up for 3-5 years. I'm a clean-freak, so I'm willing and able to do the upkeep.

During torrential rains (a few times a season in my area - not regularly), an edge would get wet and I'd expect the material to not disintegrate if it gets a little wet from time to time between cleanings.

I'm willing to spend a few hundred bucks for this...an 8x10 size in the seating area, but not a few hundred if it only holds up for 1-2 seasons.

Should be comfortable on bare feet and look nice.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've Googled my options and there are so many sources...and every source makes their outdoor rugs sound superior, of course.

I intend to get the floor fixed & re-done professionally...but that's low on my priority list, it will be a few years before it gets on the docket.

Who has outdoor rugs they love that would suit my conditions?

Thanks!

Gayle

Comments (5)