SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbcollins_gw

How would you paint this bathroom? (Xpost)

barbcollins
14 years ago

I originally posted this in the bathrooms forum, but it was recommended I post it here.

We are building a bathroom in a house we are planning on selling. I have the drywall hung and I am working on finishing it up now. I need to decide about the painting.

My problem is the ceiling. The bathroom is tucked under a sloping roof. Where the sloped ceiling meets the wall, it is curved like a cove ceiling (plaster & lathe). Where the slope meets the top ceiling it is slightly curved.

Would you:

A. Paint the whole room one color?

B. Paint the ceiling and the wall on the left the same color and the other walls a different color?

C. Put a shelf or a piece of molding along the left wall to delineate the wall & ceiling colors.

Here is a pic to give you an idea.

Here is a pic of the tile & border I am using:

If the ceiling wasn't and issue, I would pick a shade from the border, then do the ceiling one or two shades lighter. But since there is no where to start/stop the ceiling paint on the left I am not sure what to do.

If we were keeping the house I think I would put a shelf all the way across the wall with the cove (for stacking towels), with peg hooks underneath (for hanging towels, robes etc). This would suit our lifestyle. Is this odd? Would this be a turn off for most buyers?

Comments (3)