SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

Dog refuses to walk

trinigemini
15 years ago

When I first got my baby we started taking her for walks. She looked forward to her walks and would sit patiently while I leashed her up and got ready. The past few days however she refuses to move. When we get outside and start to walk she stops. I've tried just calling her to come and she ignores me....I've tried using treats and she will come and get the treat walk a few steps and then stop again. I don't want to keep using the treats because I think shes already figured out she gets one if she stops. Also it totally defeats the purpose of the walk if she has to eat every few steps....she will gain more weight walking than not. I just don't know what to do. I don't know why she won't walk. Now there are a lot of dogs in our neighborhood and most of them are not well behaved....they bark and go crazy every time we walk past....she does have a friend that we go to visit but they just sniff each other through the fence and he then tries to pee on her. Can it be all the bad dogs that are making her afraid to walk? I can't really pull her because she will not move and her harness almost comes off....she actually got it off in the yard once and I don't want her doing that on the street. She is a bulldog and very very stubborn. I know you guys will say she does not respect me and you are probably right...but I have no idea how to make her obey....I should tell you that if she does not want to do something, no treats, praise or anything else will make her. I have tried training her and she like I said she listens when she feels like it. She understands, sit, stay, come and down...at least I think she does and she obeys those commands when she feels like it.

Comments (11)