SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherjane_gw

Vaccines, not know if the cat is a stray

sherjane
17 years ago

I really need help here. There is a sweet calico cat in our neighborhood who has taken up with me since the spring. I just read the story about a psycho neighbor is trying to steal my cat. I sound like the psycho! Except that nobody has told me that the cat belongs to them and to not feed her. I wish somebody would. When it started getting cold this cat was outdoors and was always waiting to come in to our house. She sleeps on our beds now and everything. Of course I feed her because I love her. You would think that somebody would know who she belongs to, if she does belong to anybody, because she is such a sweet cat. But nobody around here does. Now that it is really cold outside, what can I do when she is waiting at the door or a window? Of course I let her in and she goes and lays down right by the fire and is like family. She likes going outdoors but nothing that tame wants to stay outdoors. Thank goodness she's healthy. I've talked to my neighbor and he seems to think she might have been left here when her owners moved.

Here is my quandary. I'd like to get her shots up to date. But what if she already had them? What if I do take her to the vet and get her shots and then somebody else does? Would that hurt her? Maybe other neighbors love her too, but she is always with us.

She's a polydactyl calico so I don't know if she's been spayed. I'd like to get her spayed, but then anybody could sue me for that, make me think they own the cat, whatever. She has no id on her.

And now the worst of it is that we are moving down to Florida in April and I want to take her with us. Now that she has taken up with us I can't just leave her.

Someone suggested putting a collar on her with a message to call me. Anyone could do that just to complicate things. I don't trust people around here. You would think if she did belong to somebody, they would be more concerned. I'd like for someone to think I was a psycho neighbor "stealing" a cat, but nobody has come forth. In the meantime we love her and want her to have good care. Please help me figure out what to do. And thanks for any help.

Comments (5)