SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Lights for Front Entrance, Over Garage, Post (Pics)

oldbat2be
12 years ago

We bumped out the front of our house 5' last year and ended up with a new front door and front steps, among other things. I am turning now to outside lighting, would appreciate input on choices.

Here's a closeup:

The room to the left of the front door is DS's bedroom. My thoughts are to place sconces to the left and right of the door. There is 13'' of space on both sides. Lights would be on a dimmer and I'd prefer not to have too much light (so DS doesn't feel like he lives next to a runway).

Farther back:

I also need to add lighting between the garage doors, and on a post, farther down the driveway. I have struggled finding lights which match, which I like, for all three places.

(Landscaping is next... ignore large rhododendron, that will be moved this Spring).

From Drop Box

Here's the post in a shot from the end of the driveway; how house used to look. Wow, seeing the pictures next to eachother for the first time, I feel like we've gone from Charming to Cold. Hopefully, it's just because the exterior is so bare looking. Other thoughts?

I'm also thinking that I don't need to match the front entrance fixtures to the others (because they are fairly far away), but will match the one mounted between the garage doors, and the post light.

At entranceway, should I match the door hardware with the fixture color?

Here are lights I like; your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Comments (31)