SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolahb

Estimating paint labor

carolahb
17 years ago

Can someone tell me how much more time it takes to paint windows and moulding as opposed to ceilings and walls? I know this seems like an odd question, but I am taking a fellow that I contracted to paint my elderly mothers house to small claims court. It's a long story that I won't bore everyone with, but he never finished the job. He painted some ceilings and walls, but none of the windows, not much of the baseboard and trim. 1950's wallpaper from

plaster walls has not been stripped. I know if I go to court they will give him credit for what he has painted and deduct that from my settlement (presuming things go in my favor.) Since (in my opinion) he has left the most time consumming part of the project, how could this be estimated? Obviously painted walls covers a lot of surface, doesn't it take a lot longer to strip wallpaper, and paint windows and trim? (The wallpaper backing, incidentally, is like permanently affixed affixed. It ain't letting go, despite attempts with different stripping products. I'm thinking steaming it off will be the only thing that will work, which, again, is very time consuming.)

Thanks for any help with this.

Comments (3)