SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20180414

Could use some ideas

User
15 years ago

Hi everyone, I have really enjoyed going through a lot of the comments on these forums and thought I would get some opinions. I'm a first time home buyer - closing in a week - and have a fair bit of renovation to do to spruce the place up before I move in. I'm pretty handy, but am not always on top of the design elements.

I'm a 30 year old single guy that likes clean lines and a contemporary look.

With that said, I could use some ideas on a good color scheme for the living and dining areas of my new place. The dining area also runs into the kitchen so I'm trying to something contrasting enough to set the spaces apart, but still be coherent. These pictures show the area. I haven't decided if I'm just going to paint the paneling or pull it out and drywall it, but we'll see.

I'm going to be refinishing the floors but haven't decided if I want to go dark or more natural on the color yet. I was considering using a neutral tan color with white baseboards and crown molding, but that seems pretty standard these days. Any ideas on color schemes to make these areas work together?

Tackling the kitchen is going to be fun:

Comments (2)