SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

All of a sudden ProClassic gumming up horribly

jockewing
11 years ago

I usually paint my trim and door with SW ProClassic with pretty good results. I can't get it perfect, but I can get it reasonably streak free without any gumming or "pulling". I have a couple of closet doors I am putting the last coats on today, and all of a sudden, the paint is gumming up on me literally within 30 seconds of hitting the door. This is including after pouring enough XIM Latex extender into to make it virtually water thin! I have never had this problem before and don't understand what is going on! I had planned on finishing and re-hanging these door this morning, but it's 6:30 PM and I'm still dealing with the same damn doors! I thought maybe I wasn't letting the previous coat dry so i put a box fan on them, turned down the A/C and waited several hours and still got the same problem. I have never had this problem before until today, and this is with using both the remains of an existing can and a brand new can of paint. It is extremeley wet and humid outside today, but I'm in an airconditioned house. Do I need to pour even MORE Xim into the paint? Why am I all of a sudden having this problem?

Comments (11)