SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkboston

Feedback on Revised layout?!

bkboston
15 years ago

Last week I posted our layout and got some great feedback re traffic flow, clearances, etc. We now have a revised design (a pretty significant revision: relocating the powder room around the corner from its current location, for example) and would love any insight that you GWers have to offer!

Some of the drawing got cut off....

- on the lower left is our dining room that we use a lot for entertaining. The dining room has double glass doors that lead to a porch/deck where our grill is. To get to the grill we use the door near the pantry though. We decided not to build out into the porch which is why 1/2 the pantry is crossed off.

- cut off from the top of the design is our family room that faces the backyard. The new breakfast room to the right is a bump out into the backyard about 6 feet (same with adjacent new office. The breakfast room will also have walk out doors to a patio that we'll use for entertaining, and that I envision the kids using a lot for access to the backyard.

My main question involves the flow through the mudroom into the kitchen area, and the elements of the kitchen.

Thanks so much.

{{!gwi}}

Here are photos of adjacent rooms: dining and family rooms. The dining room is what you'd see when you come in through the mud room. In the lower photo, the kitchen table is about where the new island would be (the island wouldn't be that close to the couch though). Also the glass doors behind the couch are being removed, and replaced with windows.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)