SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Do you have a Shaws 30' farm sink AND a very tall faucet?

theresse
14 years ago

Hello -

My other post didn't get many responses so I thought I'd change the title a bit.:)

I was pretty much set to go until I read that there may be bad splashing problems w/ a tall faucet and perhaps any sink, but in particular the Shaws 30" wide farm sink which is 8.5" deep on the inside (10" overall depth).

The distance between the bottom of the sink and my spout will be around 19", possibly 18" if I'm willing to attach the wall faucet an inch lower on the wall (that's pushing it though).

Please, if you have this combo, let me know if you get splashing (and how bad), how tall your faucet is (or what the overall height is from spout to bottom of sink), where in the sink your drain is located (centered or offset?), whether the drain's location makes a difference for you re. splashing (e.g. if your faucet has an aerator, do you find it doesn't make a difference?), or if you have any other feedback that might make a difference.

The faucet I want to get is wall-mounted which doesn't allow me to position it directly over the drain necessarily (it may only be by luck - I'm not sure yet)

I'm assuming if this is the only way to avoid splashing, that i no longer will have the option of having the drain be offset - which is what I initially wanted - so that I could soak dishes in a dishpan or large pot while keeping the drain uncovered?

Does having a disposal determine where the drain should be or play a role in any of this re. splashing?

Thank you!

Here's a picture (link to blog) that shows the faucet I like - although this man's sink is different but it may give you an idea. I'd probably have it about as high up on the wall as he does (which is pretty low):

Here is a link that might be useful: The faucet I wish I could have...

Comment (1)