SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gatrees

Update on my GSD's Stomach issues

Love Trees
15 years ago

Reference to my earlier thread, (see link below) I want to update as follow: The GSD still eliminates inside the create or on the foyer floor when I tie her outside.

Took to the Vet:

1) Intestinal parasites Test is NEGATIVE. The doctor gave Panacur liquid 7 CC for three days just in case if there are any nondeductible worms etc. I started the dose today

2)The VET said that the Dog does not have any symptom of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and said that TLI is not required. She said that since the stool is solid and not liquid, no need of TLI test. I tried to tell her that some times the dog has small amount of loose motion, but she ruled out TLI 100%

Stress: She has no stress at all. She plays very well with my other dog and with us. My other dog always tries to dominate the GSD when I let them out together for playing . She grabs the GSD by neck and chews her fur little bit. I asked the doctor if there is a possibility that GSD is scared of my other dog. The doctor felt that this is not a issue. ( I took both the dogs to the doctor). By the way, the dog is completely outside the create since my previous thread. I am taking her for an hour walk everyday.

Potty Training again?

-----------------------------

Initially, couple of weeks ago when the GSD had an accident (She had loose motion) I did not use Enzyme cleaners in the create and I just hosed with Water. Also after reading the thread here, I started keeping the GSD in the Foyer in the night where again she eliminated two nights. Here again, I did not use Enzyme cleaner. So the doctor told me that the she started pooping in the create and in the foyer floor because I did not completely get rid of the smell and she thinks she can poop there as she could smell poop

The doctor says this is a training issue and that I need to start Create training her again.

So in a nutshell, seems like I lost 1 year of potty training her because I did not use Enzyme cleaner when she had an accident.

Here is a link that might be useful: My earlier thread

Comments (7)