SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iemma_gw

I'm starting to worry about my dog..acting up?

iemma
15 years ago

So I've heard many dogs during old age can get same diseases as humans get, so whenever I think about my 8/9 year old dog Sophie, who is a weimaraner.

She's the best dog I have out of the two that I do own. (The other cannot be trained no matter how many places we go to, but that's besides the point)

So she's the most gentle, caring, happy dog I know.

Many of my friends who love their dogs, also thing she's like a well-mannered royalty.

So for the past three days, she's been acting slightly..uh different?

Just a couple minutes ago, which made me decide to find a site that may help me out with my problem, she dug through my dads coat pocket, which was hanging on a chair momentarily, and grabbed a packet of mints out of it, right infront of all of us! A few minutes earlier she was sniffing around the kitchen looking for food.

Now you'll probably say she's hungry, but for a fact we had just fed her her dinner. Which is 4 whole cups of food. Considering that's a little more then the vet recommended (around half cup more) we know she can't possible be starving.

She's also tried to avoid going outside to the bathroom, which I can understand, there's a lot of snow, but we do have a caged in area that they go outside to take care of business in, which is nice and snow free currently.

When she tried chewing up her bed the other day, my mother said go to the basement, which she usually obeys, she just sat there looking at my mom, but not really responding. We send the dogs to the basement when their bad, it's not a bad basement, there's two dog beds, and it's nice and clean, so it's not a dungeon or anything :P

Anyways, my dad being the 'master' towards the dog, when he was telling her to come to him, not going to yell at her, because for some reason she was already shaking like he did? She sat there for 10 minutes just looking at him, well he motioned in many different ways to come.

Once she did, he wasn't mean at all, but she still had that blank look?

I'm really worried something might be wrong with her...help please!

Comments (6)