SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisazone6_ma

Just Got My First Le Creuset!!!

lisazone6_ma
14 years ago

I'm so excited! I've been coveting them for years and I finally took the plunge! I was in Kittery, ME and stopped in the outlet store. They were having so much percent off, depending on how much you spent starting at $200. I got the 5-quart shallow dutch oven (in red!). They had the deeper, traditional one, but I figured the larger surface area in the shallow one would be better and it will suit my needs better than the smaller, but deeper model. My sister decided to pick up a pan as well so we combined our purchases and got the max amount off, which was 35%. The original price was $214, then it was on sale for $179 (I think that was the sale price!), then with the 35% off, I ended up paying $131 for it. That's still an unreal amount of money to me, but I'll have this pan for life and it's not like "cheaper" models are any cheaper!

Anyway, I've been told I should reduce cooking times and temps when using it as it holds the heat so well you don't need to cook things as long or at as high a temp as you normally would. Anyone have any tips from experience with theirs?

Lisa

Comments (17)