SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorsmi

I hate food processors

lorsmi
10 years ago

First of all, i am not a cook, and since I am now in my 60's there is little chance that I will become one. But I would like to make some things once in a while. A few years ago I bought a killer cranberry relish from a deli, and since I am going to be a guest at a Thanksgiving feast, I thought I'd bring that. Problem is that I don't know if I will be able to order it again, since they are not sure that they will be making it. So, plan B, I got a good recipe and finally tried it this morning. During the process of trying to put this together, I realized why I hate cooking so much. It makes me angry. I don't have a food processor, but I do have the little Cuisinart Mini Prep thing. I started with the apple, cut into small pieces. I had the blades sharp-up, like they are suppose to be (I think) and I started doing that pulse thing. When I saw that that wasn't going anywhere, I began holding the buttons down a bit longer. It seemed forever to get all of the apple pieces to be cut down to a similiar level. Then the cranberries. The first time I guess I filled it too much (about 3/4 full) and while the bottom got processed, none of the berries on the top were touched. So I then started making smaller batches, like 1/5 full. That took forever. Even then, I had to spoon out the whole cranberries and put them back into the processor. The mandarin oranges ended up like orange juice. This thing never works right for me!
How do you get the stuff that you put in this cursed appliance to be processed evenly?
Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood - yes - again, from trying to cook!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!