SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

i 'may' need a new food processor~

san_
16 years ago

i don't often use it but sometimes it is really invaluable so while i could live without one, not sure i want to give it up completely...but the first consideration is that space in our little cottage is at a real premium. do i really need one? i LOVE being able to finely shred a head of cabbage in no time at all. i wouldn't even mind the time doing it by hand if my knife skills were better but they aren't.

yesterday, a recipe i was using said to use it to mix a tart crust. i've done pie crusts and the like by hand before and it's not any big deal--was just unsure of myself so played it safe by following the directions :) and it's very useful in doing a spinach or brocolli casserole that i make once or twice a year but again, guess it's not a necessity...

i have an osterizer blender (which is pretty small and either i need a new blade attachment or the motor is bogging down) and perhaps i should just replace that and then i might not need the processor? i also have a "blitz" or "thunder" stick for quickly whipping up small things or small amounts of things. and a mandoline, which i wouldn't give up for anything! love that little device!

i guess i should also say that i get annoyed with the relatively small feeder tube on the FP. i'm sure i'm not the only one who is aggravated by chopping stuff up to put it in there and i imagine newer models have larger chutes. anyway, if you had these other devices, would you buy a new FP? and if so, what brands and/or features do you think are good to have? i'd appreciate your thoughts!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012