SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Talavera Tile in Kitchens . . . anyone have it?

13 years ago

So we were spiffing up the kitchen with new lighting, a beadboard wainscoting and new chairs, and I realized that we had changed almost everything about the kitchen over the past five years except the appliances and granite, which I like, and the tile backsplash, which I dislike.

We have that tumbled marble backsplash that is everywhere. It is nicely installed with a pattern behind the range, trim pieces, etc. and is a neutral tan/taupe color. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it but I just don't like it. I now want to change it and was considering either white subway tile or a small green glass tile, both of which are very safe choices very much in vogue right now. I happen to like both, but am not in love with either.

Going through my old inspiration kitchen photos (and I mean from 20 years ago!) I came across several photos using a blue and white talavera tile. These are still available in a green color that would blend well into all the greens I already have.

Does anyone have this tile and have pictures of it in a real kitchen? I have ordered samples, but you know how difficult it is to "see" a whole backsplash with just 10 or 12 tiles up. Thanks in advance!

Comments (16)