SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stealthecrumbs

If paint finish is your most important criteria

stealthecrumbs
11 years ago

Hey y'all. I am not new to GW, but new to your wonderful board. I'm usually over on the garden boards! We are about to embark on a kitchen project. We have a small 1923 bungalow with a tiny kitchen (barely 9 x 9 ft). It will be a little jewel of a kitchen- we are doing lots of "hidden" appliances with panels etc. and smaller appliances to make the best us use of the space. Right now I am trying to decide on a cabinet company. I want to be respectful of and reflective of the age and character of the house. I want a warm white (not white, not cream) painted finish. I don't want it to be shiny or slick. I know there are many reputable, wonderful companies used by you guys. I've seen great kitchens on here from Crown Point, Crystal, Medallion, P&F etc. But I guess I would say that the paint finish will be the major deciding criteria for me. I've poured over the archives here and will be visiting some showrooms next week. Are there lines I should be sure to see? Does anyone do an especially nice matte sheen or a brushed on finish in a mid to mid-upper level line? (semi custom or custom) Thanks and looking forward to getting to know you all as we move along with this project!

Comments (12)