SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabosbaby

My Baby is behaving badly because a new puppy! (Boxers)

shabosbaby
17 years ago

Hi everybody, first of all I want to thank everybody who has giving their opinion about my problems I have asked about because at least one thing everybody has told me has worked. With my new puppy, my mom's new puppy and her cat. So thank you!!

Now, for my new problem that has been showing its ugly face... my sweet baby StarLite (my adult) has been doing bad things around the house lately. Its just in the past week that she has started. Now, I know that she is jealous of the new boxer puppy, but I give her more attention then I do to the puppy (well I try). Its really hard because we have been training Deuce (which takes lots of attention) and since Star is 4, she is already trained. We do things like after Deuce starts to catch on to something we will bring them both together and have them do tricks in front of each other then each of them get a treat (if they do it!!! :-) ). I just don't understand, Star is my baby and always will be. I tell her all the time, I show her all the time, it just hurts me that she is still jealous. I work as an apartment manager and I live right next to my office. So like right now they are both next door to me, and I pop in all day long to play and etc. When my husband gets up, he will do his thing and usually leave sometime to do something. Well about 1 week ago after he left I went in our apt about 15 minutes later and Star had tore apart our front mini blinds. When I say tore apart, I mean shread to tiny little pieces . I walked in the house and just looked at Star and she looked to the ground and her ears went down. (They are not cropped) I didn't make a huge deal about it then (well I did a little but I just like scolded her and kept saying "Star what is this?" "This is bad" stuff like that). Well then yesterday the same thing happened. Oh I guess I better tell you, we replaced the blinds the next day. So the new blinds are up and she rips them apart too. Well my husband found that one. So he disciplined her not me. This was sooo upsetting. Well last night I did nothing but love on her because somehow I feel this is our fault by bringing Deuce into the picture and I know that is the case, but, my husband really wants to try to make this work. Please Please Please if anybody has any good ideas to help us, we thank you in advance!! Oh one other thing you should know, Star and Deuce get along just fine. They play together, Star will actually touch him when they are sleeping now (she never would do that in the beginning). StarLite will get down low on the floor at Deuce's height and play with him. Its so cute. Like all this stuff just seemed so positive then she started getting into mischief. I don't understand. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks, Elycia

P.S. Somebody had told me on here that they would love to see pictures...how do I put pictures on here??? I would love to but I don't know how! :-)

Comments (10)