SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
may_flowers

Canned grain-free cat food w/o veggies

Gracie
10 years ago

I'm trying to find a few canned cat foods for our 3 year old cat and 15 week old kitten. Gracie, the adult, is a picky eater. She likes pate style foods, but most have veggies. The most basic pate I've found that they like is Trader Joe's chicken, which only has rice. She didn't like EVO. She likes Fancy Feast Chicken Formula, which the vet calls an occasional McDonald's Happy Meal. They were eating Wellness Chicken Formula, but it has sweet potatoes, squash, and zucchini and smells more like veggies than chicken. The kitten developed loose stools this week, so I have him on Weruva Paw Licken' Chicken alone right now. Vet visit is scheduled for Monday.

The kitten came on a commercially-prepared raw diet, but we took him off it about two weeks ago as Gracie won't eat it and it's too much work to feed them separately. They both eat Paw Licken' Chicken every day, which is shredded white meat in a potato starch sauce. They both love dry food, but we use it as a treat.

Any other suggestions? We have three independent pet stores, Petco, and Petsmart in town, so it's easy to find just about everything, yet it's so hard to find a pate or plain style food without added gravy, veggies, fruit, or grains!

Comments (28)