SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Wallpaper removed...time for paint...problem?

17 years ago

I removed some wallpaper. I then sprayed the remover on again and wiped down the walls. I then had a friend spackle/sand here and there where some drywall paper came off. I then decided to prime the wall with Kilz2. While doing so I noticed in certain areas that if I rolled the area a few minutes after hitting it the first time, that the primer actually came right off the wall and back to the roller!. I rolled those areas a few more times to return the paint to the surface.

It got me thinking that perhaps these are areas I did not get all the wallpaper paste off the walls? Perhaps the water based Kilz2 loosend it and it just rolled right off....?

Anyway, I awoke this morning and the walls had dried. I saw no signs of peeling paint, in other words it appears that the Kilz2 adhered...so far. I put a second coat of primer on with no problems. I'd like to paint the walls with Latex paint this evening. Does anyone think I will have any problems or long term something nasty might start to happen....?

Comments (7)