SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Cute idea for an easily changeable kids' art wall gallery

pammyfay
13 years ago

Occasionally there's a posting here for ideas about how to display kids' artwork. Here's one idea I've come across:

Maybe you've seen clear acrylic frames that are held together by 4 tiny super-strong magnets in the corners? I've gotten a few at Bed Bath & Beyond (4x6s) and Crate & Barrel (5x7, and now they have much larger ones).

Here's a link to a company putting out something similar. There's one large plexi or acrylic piece, affixed to the wall by what I've found sold as "sign standoffs" (I've seen similar metal pegs at Lowe's in the picture-hanging area).

Here's a link to one version of the standoffs:

http://sign-standoffs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=10

Once the plexi is affixed to the wall, art or photos can slide behind the plexi and small magnets used in back and in front of the acrylic to hold the art in place.

I just think this is a modern way to display kids' artwork or actually any other flat piece of paper, tho dust that can fall behind the acrylic is an issue. (I would hang it out of the reach of kids, tho, so they don't get at the magnets!

Here's the website showing the products of the company I mentioned at the top of this posting (and altho I respect this company's designs, I do think it's a really simple idea you could replicate on your own):

Here is a link that might be useful: wexel art

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz