SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Questions on Roman Shades. . .

User
15 years ago

DH looks at me tonight and says how we really need to get something for on the french doors/patio doors (is there a difference?) in the DR. I agree. We have a neighbor that could see right in if he wanted to.

I was considering roman shades but never had them before.

I like the ones below from JCP. I like how the middle section is curved vs. the straight across ones. How do you install them? Can you buy those magnetic rods and stick them right to the door? It talks about inside or outside mount. I don't really want to screw anything into the door. It's steel I believe. That trim piece around the glass is 1 1/2" wide.

{{!gwi}}

The window width measurement with the trim is 23 1/2"

{{!gwi}}

The shades will only be down at night. I know you can have custom ones made but I don't want to spend $80 a piece or more. I'd rather not spend over $80 for both.

Sometime in the next few weeks the walls will be painted BM Olive Branch. I'm having cushions made for the stools that match the valance. I'm also at some point going to recover the DR chairs so I was going to go with a solid color roman shade. I was considering gold.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Sooo...if I wanted to get the ones from the link below, what do ya think?

*Note - the computer has to stay at that location for the time being. Another reason we want the shades. I'll also be adding trim to the valance once I get the walls painted. Adding a different light above the island etc.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Chris Madden - JCP

Comments (11)