SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

Lost paint leftovers, need to touch up a wall

michelle_phxaz
14 years ago

We have a 11' high ceiling on a 20' wall, the entire room is painted in Dunn Edwards paint, but I cannot for the life of me remember where we put the leftover paint for touchups nor the name of the color. I know there was some leftover after the room was painted (by a professional who purchased the paint) because I have touched up the walls in the bedroom before, but I am totally stumped as to where it is.

I made the mistake of thinking that it was one certain can that wasn't labled, I painted the black marks on the wall and of course, when it dried, it is a different color.

So my next step is what: should I go to D.E. and try to find a paint sample that matches? The paint is over 6 years old and I love the color (soft cream with a hint of peach) but I if I can't match the color can I paint just that wall a different color? On that wall is a large floor to ceiling bumpout with an arched doorway into the master bath, then a dresser and plasma TV (on a stand) across the wall. Besides the wall color, the rest of the room is done in mixed blues, greens and light bluish-purples, I thought maybe change just that one wall to a twilight blue color.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments (4)