SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katieob_gw

Saying goodbye to our kitchen.....

katieob
13 years ago

Hi all.

I associate members with their kitchens, so here's me:

Sniffle Sniffle-We sold our house & closing is March 11. It's going to be very hard to leave the whole house, but the KITCHEN...well, there will be some tears. I'm also almost 8 months pregs so add the hormones and no booze. Aaagh!

I'm being dramatic since this is our choice, totally. The reason: When first married, we lived in a town we LOVED. House was my uncle's. Not willing to sell it to us, so after 3 years we bought a place in the city. Loved it in the city, but 2 kiddos later & no space, decided to go to back to the burbs. We now rent out the city condo.

Looked casually in the town we had been in & loved but it's pretty expensive & we had a bee in our bonnet to build a new, custom home. We built it in a different town, moved in, and realized soon after we'd made a mistake.

We've realized location & neighborhood is more important than the house. We "knew" that as conventional wisdom before, but convinced ourselves differently. Also, the economy kind of scared us and we would rather have less house, less mortgage, less stress. Oldest kiddo is 4, so they have not started school or anything. And, we learned a lot while building and would sort of enjoy a renovation opportunity. We'll be moving in with my Dad (who is delighted since he's been a widower for 3 years since my Mom passed away) while house hunting and I'm hoping to find a house that needs a kitchen reno....I'm thinking of changing gears & going wood island this time....too early to start posting about a hypothetical kitchen?

I think the thrill of doing another kitchen (I honestly research faucets for enjoyment) will sustain me through the upheaval. I hope.

So, anyone ever done this kind of thing? Anyone want to reassure me?

As always, thanks for reading.

Katie

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!