SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

My new gig.

susie_que
16 years ago

Howdie friends!

A couple weeks ago the boss came to me to ask if I would be interested in a cooking demo done in the store. (I work in a major grocery store in customer service).

I said "a cooking demo?? Sure sign me up!"

Boss said he was looking for someone with cooking knowledge, someone with high energy and a good personality.

Of course I got the gig LOL!!

Turns out its not one cooking demo but a full time position as the "acme chef".

I am there 6-8 hours a day preparing easy menus, sampling and talking food with our customers. I also have to be able to answer querys about all things related to food.

I am over the moon about this appointment!!

There is one drawback...following the pre-designed menus but when big boss is away, I do what I want LOL!!!

However for 2 weeks I was making caeser salad, chicken fetticini alfredo, garlic bread and apple pie...frankly I am a little sick of it LOL!!!

This week I am on vacation but when I return its going to be a chicken nacho thing...!!!

I guess I am looking for advice too...what to do or say to the rude-obnoxious-drunk/high folks who tend to mock??

Then there are the folks who want to try to poke holes in the menu...like asking if the chicken is fully cooked or if I wear a hair net-kinda like food police??

Cheers!

Chef Susie

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!