SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

If you could redo it -- shallower or deeper drawers?

rjr220
14 years ago

If you could redo the configuration of a drawer stack, would you have made a 4 drawer stack into a 3 stacker, or vice versa?

Because we've decided not to have a 2nd dishwasher, I have another 4-drawer stack -- and it makes the adjacent 4 drawer stack wider.

In addition to these stacks, I have 2 - 3 drawer stacks for pots/pans/mixing bowls, and 2 - 4 drawer stacks for silverware, utensils. I have room in the new pantry for the crockpots, etc. I've opened every drawer and door of my current kitchen and assigned the stuff in it a home in the new layout, according to the "zones" that have been recommended. I've read the "read me" thread to see if I'm overlooking something. I have 2 junk drawers!

So now, I have the above mentioned 2-4 drawer stacks planned that are under the peninsula, closest to the clean-up zone, but not in it. I've only assigned 1 of those drawers to a purpose: junk drawer. I'm left with 7 empty drawers. Which makes me wonder: what would GW'ers do?

1. Continue with plan to have 2- 4 stack drawers, each 19.5 inches wide?

2. Have 2 - 3 stack drawers, each 19.5 inches wide?

If you had to do it over, would you have less drawers or more drawers in a stack? I am thinking that the 3 stack is more versatile -- am I thinking right? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find the thread . . .

Rita

Comments (9)