SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelly_k_gw

i have never seen 'deep' drawers that are so shallow!

shelly_k
14 years ago

I'm upset right now. :( I was visiting my cabinet place to finalize my order that will be placed on Tuesday. And I brought my tape measure to do some measurements of the interior drawers.

I have all drawers in my kitchen (lower). I plan to store a lot in there. I only have 3-drawer stacks, so two deep drawers and one shallow. I measured the depth of the deep drawer and it was 6 1/4 inch!! Are you kidding? The shallow drawer was just over 3 inches. This is way less than I was planning on for height.

I already planned out all my storage by laying out everything and measuring and figuring out what goes where. And now we have moved into an apt while our new house is being built and most of my kitchen stuff is in storage. (And my cheapo apt cabinet drawers, by the way, are way deeper than my new cabinets!!!!) So I can't re-plan storage and now I'm so disappointed. Why didn't I look at this before? (We need to place our order, it is too late to change to a different cabinet line)

My cabinet place is 2 hours away so I won't be going back there but I have 2 very good friends that have my cabinets and I can look at their cabinets to check it out again.

So in my haste of measuring, I measured just the "box" height of the drawer. I'm not sure if there is additional head room space above that wall height of the drawer or not, but I assume there isn't.

I am so disappointed... I was hoping for at least 8 inches, maybe 9. This will make a difference in my plate stacks and glasses that I was planning to put in these drawers.

Thanks for listening to my rant... I just had to get it off my chest. DH does not get my frustration. :(

Comments (9)