SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamfedup2010

My cats pees all over

iamfedup2010
14 years ago

HELP! This is the first time I have EVER owned a cat. I am a former dog person. I saw her on a post and just adored her from the start. She has a litter box that I clean daily, she has a scratching post that she never uses (she prefers my door jams - go figure). She is adored by everyone in the house. There really hasn't been any changes around my home - she is great with kids and is always around the kids - even my friends kids and when she is done playing nice kitty she goes in my room and hides from them. The issue I am having is she constantly pees on my bathroom rugs when they are left down and she just recently started peeing on my daughters' beds - I have been putting up my rugs after showers and baths. No changes in her food or litter. I really don't want to get rid of her but I am someone who is a very clean person and I take pride in my house being cleaned top to bottom daily and smelling very good. My cat peeing everywhere is driving me nuts. What can I do. I really love her and my family is very attached to her. The little bit that she sheds is fine - I can handle the messes that come along with having a family pet but the peeing on everything is killing me - pleaseplease please what do I do. She is not fixed but I was considering it but I wanted to make sure we didn't want kittens first. We have had her for almost a yr now. She is a ompletely indoor cat - she doesn't like to go outside - she will go on the balcony but thats it and after about 5 minutes she is ready to come back inside. Please please tell me what am I missing? We have 2 daughters and are considering having another child - I cannot have this peeing everywhere when I have an infant. HELP ME PLEASE!

Comments (9)