Looking for a recipe for a soft cranberry cookie

deannabsd

Our health food store has the best cranberry cookie. I know that it has fresh cranberries and it is the color of a peanut butter cookie and also has some citrus flavor (maybe orange). It is not a drop cookie but is soft and very flavorful. They do not share their recipe and it may not necessarily be healthy :) It also seems to have maybe a little cornmeal or something with a different texture.

If you have any suggestions for a cookie like this, I would love to try it. Deanna

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Virginia7074

I have a cranberry, orange, walnut recipe that's not too sweet from my sister that may fit the bill. They are a drop cookie, though, in the sense that you drop them, but they are very soft. No cornmeal in them, but you could probably tweak them. I know she sometimes uses part whole wheat flour. I'll look for the recipe & post it if you'd like.

Save    
woodie

This is a delicious cookie recipe (thanks Jenn!) that I have added to my Christmas cookie list.

Cranberry Lemon Cookies - Jenn
A wonderful cookie I discovered at Gail's Recipe Swap. They freeze well, but thaw them before adding icing. I posted this last year and got quite a few comments from people who said everyone loved them.

* 1/2 C butter
* 1/2 C sugar
* 1/3 C brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
* 1 egg
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 1 C flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1-1/2 C chopped pecans (I use walnuts)
* 1-1/2 C chopped fresh cranberries

Cream butter, sugars, and lemon zest. Beat in egg and vanilla.

Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly before removing to cooling racks. Frost when cool.
ICING: Whisk together 1 C confectioner's sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, and 1/4 tsp. lemon zest.

Save    
deannabsd

Thanks for sharing. I would appreciate any and all recipes. I am just wondering what gives them the brown color? I made a batch with brown sugar and it certainly didn't do it.

Deanna

Save    
KatieC

Whole wheat flour might make them a little more brown. Not exactly what you described, but these are really good...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coconut-Cranberry Chews

Recipe By :Katie
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/2 c. butter -- at room temp.
2 c. sugar
1 T. grated orange peel
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. dried cranberries
1 1/2 c. sweetened flaked dried coconut

1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 1/2 c. butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in egg until well blended.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating on low speed until dough comes together, about 5 minutes. Mix in cranberries and coconut.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on buttered 12 by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake in a 350' oven until cookie edges just begin to brown, 11 to 15 minutes (shorter baking time will yield a chewier cookie, longer baking time will yield a crisper cookie). If baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies

Source:
"Alice B"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Save    

Related Stories

Fun Houzz Christmas Recipes From ‘Love the Coopers’
Get the recipes for dishes seen in the new movie opening November 13
Full Story
Decorating Guides Best Ways to Use the Soft Yellow Color of 2014
You may fall for PPG Pittsburgh Paints’ Turning Oakleaf if you like your hues warm, mellow and cheery
Full Story
Midcentury Style Kitchen of the Week: Midcentury Meets Sweden in Minneapolis
A fun, retro-style makeover gives an aging galley kitchen a fresh look with a nod to the past
Full Story
Most Popular Foolproof Ways to Declutter Your Kitchen
If you find yourself fumbling through cupboards to find what you’re looking for, it’s time to take action with these simple steps
Full Story
Most Popular 7 Low-Maintenance Countertops for Your Dream Kitchen
Fingerprints, stains, resealing requirements ... who needs ’em? These countertop materials look great with little effort
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 8 Stunning Stain Colors for Kitchen Cabinets
Transform raw wood for custom-looking cabinetry with a stain that fills your need for color but lets the grain show through
Full Story
Homes Around the World How to Get Authentic French Style in Your Home
Move over Shabby Chic and French Provincial. These myths and realities reveal the real look of French decor
Full Story
Kitchen Design Love to Cook? We Want to See Your Kitchen
Houzz Call: Show us a photo of your great home kitchen and tell us how you’ve made it work for you
Full Story
Your First House Baking Soda: The Amazing All-Natural Cleanser You Already Own
Battle grime, banish odors and freshen clothes with this common nontoxic cupboard staple
Full Story
With client trust and satisfaction at the heart of our approach to the homebuilding process, Hartley Homebuilding... Read More