SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

Bathroom - good bones but needs "decorating"

bbstx
10 years ago

The guest bathroom in my new house has me stumped. The floor is pale beige...totally unnoticeable which was the point. The tub, toilet, and sink are white. The tub surround is white subway tile, which will usually be behind the shower curtain. The countertop is carrera marble. The window will have white plantation shutters. The walls are silver sage. Below is an olioboard with the sconces, mirror, countertop, and something approximating the vanity.

Generally, I do not like oriental rugs in the bathroom. I like a mat which is in use only when bathing or showering. Otherwise, I like the floors clean. I can be swayed though.

I cannot "see" a shower curtain. I have thought of white with a silver sage monogram. I have thought of silver sage with a white monogram. I fell in love with a P. Kaufman fabric that requires a 20 yard purchase (Theo in quartz. See link below).

I want the bathroom to look clean and fresh (who doesn't want a bathroom to look clean and fresh?). Classic with just a very slight modern vibe.

What do you suggest for a shower curtain? Have you seen any accessories that would be just the ticket? Mercury glass? Mother of pearl? Silver?

Do I need to buck up and put down a rug to pull it together?

Here is a link that might be useful: P. Kaufman Theo quartz

Comments (7)