SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

what goes with whole wheat..and I don't mean sandwiches!

nutmegxo
13 years ago

I am hoping for some help with my master bedroom...I posted about this a few weeks ago but the thread got lost somewhere. All of the common areas of my home are painted in Sherwin Williams Whole Wheat color. My house is a very open center hall colonial and I really want everything to flow.

We have french doors that open to our master bedroom and when those doors are open, the master bedroom is very open to the upstairs hallway so it is really important to me, to have that room flow well and coordinate with the Whole Wheat hallway.

Here are some stock photos of my exact bedding...(please note these are stock photos and not my actual bedroom)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

As you can see the bedding is primarily red, with sage green and gold floral vines throughout. My first impulse is to paint the walls in a medium golden color like Benjamin Moore's Westminster Gold. But I am afraid that will clash too much with the Whole Wheat in the hallway. Whole Wheat is golden, but has that green cast to it. My hubby suggested doing a pale green color but I think that will look too muddy with the bold red fabrics. By the way, the carpeting in the bedroom is a pale almond color and the furniture is cherry. I do have the coordinating curtains that are shown in the stock photos so that red floral fabric is throughout the room on both the windows and bed.

What colors go well with Whole Wheat??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comments (17)