SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

SW Ivoire a tad apricot - any other ideas for warm creamy yellow

Scarlett001
11 years ago

I've been having a difficult time choosing paint colours. I am aiming to create a bit of a Provence/Tuscany feel. I have a problem in that my downstairs rooms (brightly lit with lots of natural light and open plan) make paint look much more orangey than the colours seem to show for other people. But I don't want to overdo things and end up with green undertones as I would dislike that.

I've sampled 15+ paint colours and just cannot get it right. The closest I have gotten in terms of colour and lightness/darkness/intensity is Sherwin Williams "Ivoire". I almost am ready to choose it but it shows a mild apricot hue blended in with the yellow (that no one else seems to mention when discussing this colour).

I don't mind a bit of apricot undertone as that gives a warmth that might add to the Tuscany-type feel so maybe I should just go for it as almost every colour shows some orange in my house, and I loathe to head into green undertones for the fear of what might happen if that is all over the walls which have vaulted ceilings. But before settling on Ivoire as I have a few doubts, I wanted to see if I could get a similar type of colour to Ivoire (creamy yellow) but that won't show the apricot undertone. Does anyone have suggestions??

Comments (3)