SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scanmike_gw

Looking for a Warm Neutral Paint Color with touch of Yellow

scanmike
14 years ago

So Tobacco Road didn't work in my house largely due to the green undertone. It clashed with all my red toned woods (red oaks and cherry, and golden oak wood floors). I also think Tobacco Road was too bright for my home. We live in NYC and don't have large homes with vaulted ceilings and open floor plans. I think that would make a difference also, cause you need something with more color for those size rooms. I went to the paint store yesterday and i have to say he was very helpful in knocking out all the beige's with green undertone's. That included Monroe Bisque, Powell Buff and a few others. He gave me a sample of Yosemite Sand, which looks pretty good so far. It has a very slight peach/orange undertone that seems to blend well with the room. I am also trying Rest. Hardware's Latte (Crisp Khaki in BM) to see if that may work. I also tried Farrow and Bell FArrow's Cream and REst. Hardware Butter. I have Butter in my kitchen and it goes well with the cherry wood. It's also a creamy color with a slight peach undertone but comes off soft yellow. AFter seeing the post of that beautiful home in the Pacific Northwest pained in REs. Hardware's Butter, I am considering using it in the living room as well. Just not sure how it would look in my smaller scale home. I am going with a beige yellow cause my dining room is red and kitchen is yellow and I want some flow. I also want a warm color. Latte has grey in it and I know that is a cold color, but if it works, what the heck. I prefer warmth this time around since I had green before. The only think I am hesitant about is how light the Yosemite Sand seems to be. Ralph Lauren's Tangler Island looks good also and may get it mixed. I would like it a hit deeper to stand out against the white molding. Maybe when the whole room is painted it will. I have to repaint this weekend so I want to get it right. Any other choices out there for yellow toned neutrals that would work? I will check out SW Ivorie that many recommend. Any pics would be helpful and please check to see if you see any green in those yellows. Thanks so much.

Comments (18)