SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

Help Choosing Range Hood Style-Again!

malhgold
15 years ago

I think I asked this question months ago, but I can't find the post anymore, so sorry if this is redundant. Also, I wasn't even sure up until a couple of weeks ago if we were moving ahead with this, but we are and I'm now looking for fresh eyes.

Here's my layout, give or take(the open shelving will be reworked). Am leaning towards a stainless steel pro hood(not the triangular shape in this rendering, but more of the squarish Pro look shown in rendering under inspiration photos), which will be 48" or 54". My ceilings are 8' high and we enter the kitchen from openings on either side of those stainless pantry cabs behind the island. I am concerned that it will be a big hunk of stainless on the wall and won't have much "personality". However, the style I'm going for is sort of Industrial Modern, so it's not a very fussy look. I am considering stainless counters on the range wall, if that affects your opinion.

In this rendering, the frig is straight ahead, open pantry area on the left and opening to our Great Room is to the right of the frig.

Here are some of my inspiration photos. I'm looking for opinions on shape and finish. I've thought about a custom hood painted the wall color so it blends. Thought about a white metal hood.

I actually like the square shape of this one, but afraid it will look like a big box sticking out of the wall.

Or somthing like this in stainless with bands.

As you can see, I'm ALL over the place on this. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciate.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations