SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helaina_gw

EK Color for a bedrm w/an espresso brown leather club chair?

helaina
16 years ago

I'm going to paint my bedroom and I was hoping to use EK paint. The room is not that big (maybe 11x13) and has one window (about 35"x72"h). The window faces north/west and since the backyard is covered with trees the light that comes through the window is diffused through the leaves so it looks greenish and the walls have a greenish cast. I put up some swatches of buttercream and luminaire but they have an odd green cast from the trees. I dislike the color green so I don't want to paint my room that color. I love trees, I just don't like green paint.

The room will have a bed, a small dresser, and a Pottery Barn club chair in espresso brown leather. The floor is an old wood parquet in a light golden oak. We don't currently have a rug. We don't have bedding either.

Normally I would just paint the room tan but the rest of my house is tan, so I'm a little tired of it. I was originally thinking that I'd paint the room a light color like lavender mist, but DH just informed me that our club chair has be moved to the bedroom. So now I'm stumped on a color for the walls.

Part of me is thinking of a red shade, but I want the room to be calming since I may have a baby in there with me in another year or so. I am really stumped.

Do you have any suggestions for a color? I'm open to other brands of paint, but I put up EK paint in my foyer and I just love the glowiness of it. EK is the only local full spectrum paint here.

Comment