SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wingo_43

ultasonic bark control

wingo_43
17 years ago

Hi,

You can normally find me over on the 'palms' forum. But I have a question that seems appropiate for this one.

The ultasonic devices I see advertised for dogs, do they work?

I have a neighbor next door that has a dog that barks at everything! I HATE this dog.....as soon as I walk out my back door, the dog starts barking. The mail truck comes by, the dog starts barking. Kid rides by on a bicycle, twig falls in the woods, etc. Anything and everything sets this dog off, and I've had it. This animal obviously has a behavioral disorder. I've tried speaking to the people, but they don't seem very inclined to fix the problem. These folks have lived there for about 2 years, so the dog knows me, knows I live here, but still barks at me every time it sees me. Go figure.

I love dogs, and don't care if they have 20 of them. But I can't even enjoy my own backyard anymore because of this dog, and something needs to be done. Just wondering if these ultrasonic gadgets, which are supposed to deter dogs from excessive barking, actually work. If not, my next step is to report these people to the county for nuisance barking. Their house is only 40 ft. from mine so an ultrasonic device might work.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH