SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
archimedes_gw

Animal Rights Activists, good or bad?

archimedes
16 years ago

I really havent decided yet. Animals do need someone to stand up for them, but do animal rights activists help or hurt the cause?

I remember in the late 1980Âs when tuna fishermen were drowning dolphins because they noticed that tuna swam under groups of dolphins. The fishing boats would drop their nets around the dolphins and when pulling up the nets it would pull the dolphins under drowning them.

Later it was the hunting of baby seals for their fur, I think, up in Canada. Now if you go to the PETA site itÂs about the Austrian sheep farmers practicing something call mulesing. After reading about it, I agree it should be stopped.

Some of why I think I havenÂt decided is that they point things out but really donÂt help to solve the problem. All I hear is they want it to stop immediately. If they do suggest a compromise, it usually will cost too much money to do or itÂs too hard to implement the solution. This means either way they win.

Another thing is that you donÂt hear in the news, I donÂt know if the activists do, is to go back and report on whatÂs happened years later. What about the dolphins and the baby seals? Is it still going on? Gotten worse? Was there a compromise? Did it worked out?

So I guess all in all IÂm neutral leaning a little towards against them. Maybe with this, it might help me to make a better decision.

Comments (30)

Sponsored