SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

I'm here....Latest on Mom

Jasdip
13 years ago

Hi guys,

Mom made it through the procedure as you know, which is miraculous. Her surgical team is amazed at her will to live.

She rested all nite, and is responsive. Her eyes opened briefly and she's responding to commands. So the possible stroke doesn't seem to have happened. In fact they are talking about removing her breathing tube in the next couple of days. She's breathing on her own, it's just to make sure it's constant.

They are doing another CT on her abdomen this morning.

This abscess/tumour, whatever the hell it is is affecting her organs and arteries. Truth is, even though she may survive this latest bout of hemorraghing, it's just a matter of time before something else erupts. Her whole artery is weakened.....it's going right through the abscess.

The doctors are reluctant to do anything with the abscess; they don't want to disturb it. If it's cancerous they don't want it to burst and flood her with poisons.

She's a remarkably resilient woman, but we as a family have to come to terms, that she's not going to get better. She's only going to worsen.

I can't imagine life without Mom, but it's going to be. No one should ever out-live their children, that's a given, but I don't want my Mom to die either. Hell, no one should have to die.

Once again, I want to thank you all. Your prayers and good thoughts mean the absolute world to me.

Comments (21)