SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaymo49

Christmas pudding

jaymo49
15 years ago

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to make my grandmother's "Christmas Pudding" recipe. My dad found her "recipe" in her handwriting, which is: 1 lb. miniature marshmallows, 1 large can sliced peaches, 2 heavy cream, and 1 lemon jello. No instructions on what to do with them. I remember that the marshmallows were really soft, and kind of floated on the top of the soft pudding. I looked through an old Jello cookbook of mine, but couldn't find anything similar. I would guess I start by dissolving the Jello in boiling water, and maybe use the peach juice instead of cold water? Or skip the cold liquid altogether? Do I whip the cream and put it in before the jello starts to set or after? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I plan to start experimenting in December and make it for Christmas.

One other question -- I got another one of Grandma's recipes that is for an uncooked buttercream torte which I remember as being really delicious. However, it calls for 4 raw eggs. I think I have seen some of the Food Network chefs do something to the eggs so they would be safe to use raw, but can't remember what. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (4)