SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Do you lend out.......

dotmom
14 years ago

Video tapes, DVDs, CDs, books or other things like that to friends and relatives?

I used to, but not anymore, which hasn't set well with some people. I mentioned to a neighbor/friend that I recently ordered the DVD of Celtic Thunder, and she asked if she could borrow it after I watch it. I told her that I have had some bad experiences when I lent some out and just didn't want to do it any more. She seemed very offended. I have numerous video tapes of the plays and musicals I have been in, and used to let people borrow them until After asking a gal several times, if she would return them after she had them for a couple months. When she finally returned them, I found a couple had been taped over, part of it. One I never tracked down again, and often had to ask for them back because people just don't bother returning them until I had go ask for them. And DS, who passed away, God love him, was supposed to burn a DVD of the only tape of our 50th anniversary party. he was such a procrastinator, he never got around to it. I asked his widow if she could locate the tape for me but couldn't find it. I know it seems selfish to keep these things to myself, but dang it, some of these tapes and DVDs are irreplaceable. I do have labels with my name on all of them. Dottie

Comments (37)