SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Speaking of Cell Phones

donna_loomis
14 years ago

In another thread, tiled "Would you rather have no computer or no cellphone?", it appears that many would rather do without their cell phones than their computers. But I have another question:

Are there any here who have actually given up their land lines in favor of cell phone use only?

My adult daughter has done just that. Said she couldn't see the point in paying two phone bills, when her cell phone serves the purpose. It is always with her and she has internet access. She is with Metro and has no contract.

And we recently tried an experiment with my mother. She has a few brothers and sisters that live in other states and she does call them occasionally, so we added her to our plan for $10 a month. Just those few calls to her siblings have justified the cell phone use, but we had hoped to be able to do away with the land line. Turns out that we won't be able to do that, because at age 83, although she has written out the process, she just can't grasp it's use (along with her bluetooth) and always needs help. So, in an emergency she probably wouldn't be able to call for help.

Comments (24)