SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

progressive dinner?

lindac
16 years ago

I typed this out once and swear I posted it....you don't suppose it's hiding on the Hosta forum do you? LOL!

A week from Sunday, our church is having a progressive dinner....and I got talked into helping another single woman with the main course. Of course the problems are, anything has to be pretty well ready by 4 when we all gather for meet, greet and hors d'ouvres, then we split up and go somewhere else for salad and finally for the main course.

We have decided on pork tenderloin ( I found a deal!) and I am thinking of a side of sauteed pears and apples with a bit of butter and ginger.

Then I am thinking of perhaps oven roasted spiced sweet potatoes, but it has been pointed out that some people don't like sweet potatoed ( but I am thinking they have never had them any way but candied with marshmallow!!)....but I am also tossing around a rice pilaf with wild and brown rice, onions, mushrooms and perhaps some dried cranberries....or perhaps stuffing, again with dried cranberries, celery, onion, perhaps mushrooms....

But I am stumped for a veggie. Don't want a "casserole"....Thinking of brussels sprouts...but it's about the only thing I don't like....thinking broccoli or green beans....but that seems so "usual"..scalloped corn would be wonderful and easy, but I think the plate needs soemthing green...

What say you all? Perhaps I have too many ideas? The woman who's house it will be at says she's leaving all that to me...

And she has only one oven...and a microwave.

Linda C

Comments (6)