SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollan_gw

How to decorate a bathroom with an almond tub & toilet?

hollan
14 years ago

I need advice on bringing our master bathroom out of the 80's. It has an almond tub/shower insert and toilet that we are not ready to replace, but I really dislike almond and want it to blend in but not add more. Is there a way to decorate that would go with almond (now) and also white (few years from now)?

{{!gwi}}

What color choices would you make in this room for the things we are going to redo right away: wall color, trim color (including painting the cabinetry), flooring, countertop, all the brass fixtures, curtains, and towels. Are chrome fixtures okay with almond? Are there any colors of ceramic tile flooring that would blend without having to have almond included?

Our master bedroom has white trim, white linens and curtains. We haven't decided on the wall color yet, but wanted a tropical, ocean side paradise feel to it. I am not sure white trim in the bathroom will go with the almond? As you can see there are a lot of built in cabinets so that would be a lot of white. Then again, white on the outside of the bathroom door and another trim color on the inside seems weird too.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!