SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21977678

Bathroom window -in tub/shower

User
8 years ago

We're just beginning the restoration of our ground floor bathroom. Almond Home Depot everything is going and something appropriate to a 1919 bungalow will be back. My questions are about the window.

The original double hung is long gone. We've had glass block that came with the house. We'd like to return to a double hung, but because it's in the tub/show...we're concerned with water.

Here's what we're considering:

1. To get around the water issues, is fiberglass a good option?
2. Specifically, how about Marvin Infinity with Everwood in the interior? The door, door framing and medicine cabinet will all be stained oak and I believe Everwood can be stained.
3. All other windows in our house are original double hung, 4 over 1. I think we can get this style in fiberglass.
4. The window is on the ground floor, and is north facing. Because it never gets direct sun, protection against the sun isn't a huge concern.
5. Because it's a ground floor window, frosted glass is a must on the bottom sash. We'd also prefer tempered glass.

I'm open to hear comments/criticisms/other suggestions. Thanks to anyone who can help with this decision.

Comments (3)