SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildfire_gw

I need opinions....FAST

Wildfire
22 years ago

I just received a call from my MIL saying that her father may not make it through the night because of his heart. My husband and 6 yr old son are away on a hunting trip, so they don't know yet. My son hasn't seen his great grandfather in nearly a year, so my question is, should I allow him to go to the hospital? Although he is pretty mature for his age, I really am not comfortable with him seeing someone that could possibly die while he is standing there. (which is a very real possiblity) Plus, he is hooked up to all kinds of machines.

What do ya'll think? He isn't close to his PaPa, hasn't seen him in a year, and hasn't talked to him in the same amount of time. They live only 2 hours away, but we have been very busy with pregnancy and a newborn--which by the way is now 3 months old and PaPa has never seen. Poor excuses, but it is the truth. Which brings another concern. I know the family is going to want me to bring the baby for PaPa to see, but I don't think I want to do that, either.

By the time anyone answers, it may be too late. But, any input would be greatly appreciated. What do you think?

Thanks,

Tracie

Comments (16)

Sponsored