SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Custom built Alder mudroom bench...crazy estimate?!?!

nikkidan
12 years ago

We have a custom cabinet maker for our kitchen and bathrooms. Decided to have them bid out our laundry room and mudroom too. I about had a heart attack when I saw the estimate on the mudroom bench!

Here's the drawing of the bench:

The bench is 60" wide by 90" high. And the open shelving unit on the left is 21" wide by 90" high. The wood will be alder just like the rest of the cabinetry in our home.

Are you ready for this? Estimate on the bench and open shelving unit (not including the base and wall cab in the pic), is $2900. Is that out of line? Or does that seem reasonable?

I've never had anything like this, so have no idea what it should cost. But that bench is only $95 less than all the cabinets in my whole laundry room! Gonna be hard for me to convince the husband at that price! They designed exactly what I wanted and I just love that mudroom setup. Hate to have to decide against it and go buy some sort of bench/cubbies that are a different wood/color.

So, those of you that have any knowlege or experience with mudroom benches, what do you think?

Comments (19)