SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auntdiggie

pregnant teen daughter controlling BF

auntdiggie
15 years ago

I am at my whits end! My 18 year old brought home a 25 year old in March. I realized if I disapproved, it would push her closer to him. Her Father and I were accepting, friendly, never letting her know that quite frankly he was to old.

Flash forward, daughter due to deliver a baby anyday, he wants a DNA test (Of course) he has not spent one penny on the pregnancy and has gone to one OB Appt.

He is very controlling (loves to argue about my 'justifications and excuses'-I can never give just an explanation)

She has been having contractions all day (they dont walk off so not braxton hicks)He told her tonight that she will be staying with him until the baby is born becuse he doesnt want my opinions to influence her as to what labor is about. Labor is to be 8 hours long, will start with her 'knowing' she is in labor, and he will let her know when they need to go to the hospital. He has already packed a bag for himself and baby, she needs to pack for herself, and if she is in labor while he is at work, he will get there when his shift is over.

I am trying to be kind, patient, ect, but I seriously am worried. My daughter says she loves him, but is not 'in love, and doesnt think she will be

How do I play this game, and not lose my daughter and granddaughter in the process?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County