SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Cabinet Coat over BM Enamel?

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

Here's the deal. All the stained oak doors/cabinet frames in my kitchen have been prepped properly. Lots of work...filled the wood grain, 2 coats of acrylic primer (sanding between each coat). Last weekend, we did our first coat of the BM Enamel in a White Cloud on the doors. We sprayed the doors. Sort of has a orange peel texture...not sure I love that, but it might be okay.

The cabinet frames are still only primed. I am getting very concerned about the "yellowing issue". I did take this into consideration when picking my color because a little yellowier and creamier will still work. However, now I am reading that they won't be yellowing in a uniform manner! Horrors.

So, do you think I should (or even can) paint with CabintCoat over the oil based primer, and also what about the first coat of the enamel? I can't remember the "rules"--can you paint latex over oil? (I think CC is latex based, right?)

Yes, this will mean $108 worth of BM paint wasted, but in the long run--this is the time to decide--before the remodel is done. I don't want to have to repaint after the new counters, floors, etc. are in.

And one more little question--is there any remedy for that weird "orange peel" look from spraying? Sanding?

Thanks so much for your help.

Comments (3)